Hiring a professional removalist is a great way to make sure your move in Sydney is hassle-free. However, even with comprehensive service from a professional removalist, there are a few things you need to prepare in advance. Consider this checklist of items before the removalist shows up on the big day.
1. Pack and label. If you have hired the removalist for packing services, you do not need to worry about this. However, if you are intending to pack your own things, make sure you have it completed in advance. The move will be smoother if you have all your items packed before the removalist team arrives. Better still, label all the boxes to streamline the process.
2. Separate private items. Your removalist can handle all your belongings, but some people feel more comfortable moving important documents and other private items in their own car. If this is the case, separate these items in advance. Either load them into your car directly, or put them in a location with clear instructions for the removalist.
3. Prepare items with special needs. Assess your items to make sure that there is nothing that requires special attention. Very heavy items and delicate items may need to be specially moved on the big day. Check with the removalist to know the policy. The removalist may need special equipment in order to get the job done. If you wait until moving day to do this assessment, it will add extra time and hassle to your removal.
4. Protect your home. A removal can cause a lot of wear and tear on a property. Take measures to protect the home prior to the arrival of the removalist. Consider laying down carpet protection in high traffic areas. Remove key doors from the hinges. Padding can be used to further protect door frames and corners. This can ensure that no damage is done when maneuvering bulky items. Carpet protection is especially important if the weather is bad.
5. Make an inventory. For your peace of mind, document all your belongings prior to the removal. Make a list of all your big or expensive items. You can even record the serial number of expensive electronics to make sure they do not get misplaced somehow in transit. For added protection, consider taking pictures of your items. You may also want special insurance coverage to protect your belongings during the removal process.
6. Arrangements for kids and pets. If your removal involves children or pets, you may want to arrange for alternative care. Children and pets can get in the way during a removal. This can slow down the process, and it can also pose a certain danger to them. By arranging to have them elsewhere on the big day, it is easier for everyone.
All of these factors are important, but the most important step is to hire a removalist in Sydney with a flawless reputation. This way, you can be sure that your removal is safe, fast and successful.